Sunday 10 July 2011

The Lost Blog

Hows you? What? I can't here you from hear. 
Well, its not been the best week for me so far, but hey, I've survived it. :)


So why is this called 'The lost blog'? It was supposed to be called 'Next stop, nowhere!' buta few days ago I had prepared this ultimate blog, then it accidentally got deleted by this guy who looked like me. Anyways, now I have to start from scratch. That's why its been a little while since I updated with a 'real' post. (and partly due to the fact Dimitri gave me Blackadder Season Three on my laptop).
Last week was our midterm break. At Yat Sen, midterm meant assessment. Over here it means break. (Not bad eh? Especially when you consider the fact that our three terms are only 12 weeks each!). So Wednesday was half-day, and Thursday to Sunday we get to do whatever we want. 

If anyone wants to talk about the Blues or Andy Roddick, turn to your nearest wall and start the conversation. Because trust me, it will be more interested than me. :P
I first went hiking/camping in the Malolodja nature reserve with Dimitri and Basti (Germany). I don't know if that's the correct spelling, but then neither do you! That was an effort, but it was really nice. The scenery there is like nothing I've ever seen before. Green mountains all around you, and no trace of civilization. Believe me, if Dimitri had not had his map we would have been in BIG trouble! 


We left on Wednesday afternoon and made camp after about 2.5 hours hiking, losing the track as well. The teeny tent was pitched right beside a river. In Swaziland, one must always check beforehand that the river does not have crocodiles. Haha. Africa. Anyways, dinner was at around 6:30pm- cooked spaghetti bolognaise! (Ok, heated. Canned food is really advancing nowadays). 
We were asleep by 7:30. Or at least trying to sleep. It wasn't the coldest night ever thank goodness, but it was not warm either. After a relatively good sleep, we woke up in the morning- 8am. (2 hours after Dimitri). 13 hours, but we are IB students, and can sleep at any given time, a result of sleep deprivation. I could not resist getting up at 2am to peek at the stars without any light pollution whatsoever. And you know what? It was completely worth it.


Am I the only one to notice that 'Hello Kitty' has no mouth? Did the creator kinda forget or something? I mean if I ever met the creator I would be like: "よお! あなたは猫に口を向けることを忘れました!" ("HELLOOO! you forgot the mouth!") and he would be like: :O  "呪い, 呪文!"  ("damn")


Another steep 3 hour climb up and down and even around mountains, we made it back to the road, and took a kombi to Ezulwini. There we went to Legends Backpackers, which was right behind the shopping complex. Already staying there were Emily, Anna, and Levi(Finland). Ezulwini is the fancy part of Swaziland, kinda like Denerau. That night we had a Brie, or Barbecue outside, which was nice. 
The next day, we travelled to Manzini, the other main city. It was basically a bigger (and dodgier) version of Mbabane. With us was this Chinese guy name Tao. (Like Taoism). A typical tourist with a flashy camera and acting completely kaicolo. 
Look at the camera Adolf!
Some Swazi-Fiji synonyms (Swazi-Fiji)
kombi- minivan. (there's no regular bus service)
Brie- Barbecue.  Dirt road- Road
takkies- canvas Tipex/Witeout- twink

We went to House on Fire that night, and I didn't get drunk, though Emily did! Hahaha. We got back at around 2-3am.
The last day was a lazy day. We hung around the backpackers, me doing my homework, a Theory of knowledge (TOK) essay, and then had to pack that night. We left the backpackers early on Sunday, and got back to school. A calm, peaceful day, ready for another tough week. Argh!


this is exactly what it looked like,
but this is not an actual photograph.
 TOK is a minor subject we do, and though it sounds pretty cool, it is kinda like a circle: completely pointless. (as well as going round and round). >>Instead of circle I was going to use 'Fiji in the Pacific Nations Cup', but they have points now they beat Samoa. Fiji is the only team that can get thrashed by Tonga then thrash Samoa the next week. Good work boys! Take the PNC this year!<<

Oh! I finally, FINALLY saw Saturn through a telescope. W.O.W. Yea, I did see its rings, I actually saw the shape of the planet. That's definitely one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I don't know how many of you know, but I am kinda a space maniac, especially when I was a kid. I'm still kinda a kid now. Aren't we all?


On Wednesday I received SUCH a nice surprise, when someone told me I had a letter. From Phyllis. Thank you Phyllis! You really made my day. :) If anyone else wants to right  write, you can find me by mailing it to:
Daniel Naidu_(next line)_Emhlabeni Hostel_Waterford Kamhlaba_PO Box 52_Mbabane_Swaziland.
Be sure to address it to SWAZILAND, and not SWITZERLAND. I know the two countries sound alike and both have extremely good tennis players right now, but they are really quite different.

If next term goes as planned, I should be visiting Lesotho, Mozambique AND Zimbabwe! I have a French trip to Lesotho, midterm is planned to be at Mozambique, and Emily is inviting us to Zim. Sounds awesome no? =)


Rugby is like Buddhism, it

Community Service at Milwane
game reserve, Term one
Its prep time now, we must be in our cubies (they are much to small to be called rooms). Every day from Mon-Thurs betweem 6:45 and 8:45 boys is prep time. You can be in the common room, but only to use the internet. Must be quiet. Boys are not allowed in the girls hostel and vice versa. 
Ximena has just gotten chased outta the boys hostel because she spent the first two minutes in my room getting some notes. Quite ridiculous. Reminds me of our maths trip next year. Because obviously whenever boys and girls are together we're gonna have s...weets. Talk about trust.
^^that was sarcasm

Anyways, its prep time (technically we can't do 'homework'), so time to do some 'prep'! 
Stay alive! :)
DKN

No comments:

Post a Comment