Tuesday 7 June 2011

Fun in a Bushfire

Hiya, how’s Fiji? Still hasn't collapsed without me? Wow. Someone is doing a good job filling in...

It's been a while since I've had no work and been able to actually work on the blog, and a lot has happened since I last posted. 

I said last week I would be going to bushfire, and so I did. I had to skip rugby training one week before the tournament (gasp :o ) so we could get to Kyle's house on Friday. He lives near Ezulwini, near the House on Fire, the club hosting the event. His house is nice, on a valley, with an awesome view. There is just acres and acres of space to look at, and his family owns a lot of it. 

I wonder if anyone found the SECRET message in the last post? ;) Round of applause to you if you did.

the gang at the bushfire.
clockwise from me: Emily, Riika,
Sofia, Stephen, Basti, Anna, Kyle
We headed to House on Fire at about 8pm the next day, and there was loud music, many stalls, and lots of people, including most of our friends from Waterford. 


watching Barcelona win in the tent
hehe
The Barcelona-Manchester United game just happened to be that same day so I watched it in a tent with many new random (in some cases a lil drunk) friends who were also supporting the world’s best team. The BEST atmosphere I've ever watched a match in!


Did I or did I not say that we were going to win 3-1? BARCELONA CHAMPIONS!!!!

OK, I admit, I did get a little bit tipsy after a while, (though most definitely not drunk, unlike some ppl!) but the music was great inside and outside (two stages) and we had a lot of fun in the open air, on the dance floor, and at the stalls. We ended up going home at about 3am.

The next day somehow me and Kyle ended up swimming in this absolutely FREEZING river near his house. EISH. (that’s like Swazi equivalent for omg or AYE) Stephen was having trouble getting up to his ankles so Kyle and I decided to prove to him we could swim. That must have been the coldest place I’ve swum ever. Did I ever mention there are crocodiles in Swaziland? Don’t worry I’m not stupid we checked before we got in.

To those of you who still think I’m stupid for not realizing crocodiles are camouflaged I am kidding again it is a known fact that there are no crocs in that shallow <2m deep river.

Ok enough Bushfire business. The more I right write probably the bigger my grounding when I get home. This week was brutal. I had homework in every subject bar Environmental studies. To the thousands of people who read this blog, sorry but that’s why I couldn’t keep posted.

If you want to hear about my homework, email me. I probably won’t reply.
week after bushfire- maths...

Quote of the week:
Raymos: (points to writing on paper) “is that piano music or guitar music?”
Rori: “that’s Korean!”
Hahahahaha this still cracks me up!

I STILL haven’t seen Saturn’s rings, (argh) but hope to see them next week.

...and english...
Remember how I predicted Fiji will win the sevens? And I said I wasn’t being sarcastic? I was being sarcastic about not being sarcastic (ESO I bet your minds are swirling around right now to my genius) But seriously, we don’t need Jo Savou. We need Tanivula back!

I accidentally killed a kitten with a tennis serve on the field! I felt so so bad. L

The other big news is the rakavi tournament in the weekend. I was selected as one of the two flyhalves (I know right, I’ve never played there before) and we started having nightly trainings.
                                 
Well, the problem with rugby is that you can get hurt in training before you even play a match, and a I hurt my wrist during a fierce confrontation with a tackle bag. :$

Hey isn’t that why we have two wrists? One as a spare?

Anyways, by the time the match came round I could carry a bag in my left wrist again and unfortunately I didn’t play the first match, which we won 14-5. Down 14-0 at half time in the second match against Marua Pula, a Botswana team, I came on in the second half. Boy, these guys are good and fast. I would have the ball for a second before they crush me. (took me about 20 seconds on field to find out) I didn’t miss a tackle though, though I might have been lucky to avoid a yellow card on that last one, which was a little high on the neck! Even so, we lost the match 14-0 at fulltime.

The final was played the next day, and we lost to Marua Pula again, 29-0 this time. Probably because the coach didn’t put me on at all! :P (I’m kidding)

only in Africa....
Ok, enough with rugby for now, I’m tired of it. Last Friday, I SOMEHOW, SOMEHOW, woke up at 12:15pm. Somehow. I’ve never woken up that late before. It was because I had 4 periods off in the morning and thought I dint need to set my alarm (and intelligently decided to watch glee till 3am). I missed maths only, and had to apologise to Mr Pearson, who took it quite well I have to say. I was in shock for most of the day.

Happy Birthday Michael Bizu Liu and Shuling Zhang! :)

Resist... urge... to put... stupid.... ending... quote.
damn.

Ok, this post is getting a little long I think eh? I will update soon. 

Au revoir! 

DKN

Ps. I was just kidding about the kitten
GOT YOU!

2 comments:

  1. if only there was a "like" button.

    LIKE!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I would like the above comment! WHo dis by the way? You know you can sign with your own names right?

    ReplyDelete